DermaPen® is a fractional micro-needling device that works to tighten, lift and rejuvenate the skin. It’s effective in reducing fine lines and wrinkles, stretch marks, surgical and acne scars. This minimally invasive cosmetic procedure is used to promote collagen production in order to treat skin concerns. It is also sometimes referred to as collagen induction therapy and can help reduce the appearance of scars, dark spots, and can improve the skin’s elasticity. Research is also underway to determine if microneedling can be used to promote the regrowth of hair for individuals with alopecia.
- This cosmetic procedure uses small, sterile needles to prick the skin.
- This treatment is used to regenerate collagen and skin tissue in order to smooth, tone, and firm skin.
- Microneedling is primarily used on the face and may be intended to reduce the appearance of acne, scars, dark spots, wrinkles, and/ or large pores.
- Safe for most people with overall good health.
- DermaPen microneedling is minimally invasive and requires little to no recovery time.
- Sessions are around 30 minutes.
- This procedure is effective for treating
- minor acne scarring
- stretch marks
- maturing skin (lines and wrinkles)
- repair sun damage, such as hyperpigmentation and age spots
- shrink pores
- may reduce symptoms of rosacea
- can promote brighter, firmer skin
- Microneedling is more effective than similar at-home treatment methods, such as rolling.
- Microneedling has fewer side effects than laser treatments or intensive peels.
- Not typically covered by insurance but sessions are affordable.
- Minor redness may occur for a few days following the procedure.
If you are concerned about the side effects, be informed. Risks may include skin irritation, swelling, discomfort at the site of treatment, redness, bruising, dryness, and/ or flaking of the skin. These side effects are most often temporary and the benefits far surpass the less desired and temporary side effects.
DermaPen is safe for any skin type and has a short treatment time and minimal discomfort with virtually no downtime. Multiple treatments are recommended for optimal results. If you feel like you are ready for some changes in your own life, visit our website at www.arlingtondermatolgy.net or call our office at 847-725-0824 for assistance today.